Sunday, January 21, 2007

The-Good-the-Bad-the-Ugly

I wrote this to my school gang and wish to share with my bloggers gang here too.

I received regular forwards daily about all the unrest in this world, here, there and everywhere, especially about the so-called-religious wars that are so rife today. I noticed the availability of real good values amongst people in general, diminishes with the rise of these 'religious' wars! (Resulting in much sorrow and ugliness all around the world). Puzzling indeed! What contradictions!

The only way for me to survive each day these days, is by hanging on to this phrase, 'the-good-the-bad-the-ugly'. This is an age-old coinage, but holds great meaning to me, only of late, over recent incidents (both personal and non-personal)! This phrase brings me down to earth. It wakes me-up from daydreaming. It shakes me-up to reality! I helps me to accept, that we are not in a perfect world.

Everything so far, to me, comes in this kind of package. 'The-good-the-bad-the-ugly' package.

Let's internalise, when it comes to our loved-ones...it is the same. Are they perfect? Speaking for myself, my answer is a no! But when I need to forgive anyone that I love, I have to refer to this, ''Forget the-bad-the-ugly! Focus on 'the-good''.

Another example, when it comes to friends, no matter how close they are to you, isn't the situation the same here? You can only be good/close friends for years and years, on the basis of ''Forget the-bad-the-ugly! Focus on 'the-good''.

Similarly with acquaintances! I realised, we can only morph, into being close friends, by embracing this concept of 'the good the bad the ugly'. I'm sure, we have our own early experiences, (maybe even now, we do forget sometimes to embrace what we know of life. Sigh!) that we never make it to be 'close' friends with a lot of our acquaintances, when we expect perfection from them. How can anyone be prefect? Tell me, if there are secret theories to life about this!

On an extreme front, (where most of us have gone through, if not, will soon...ha ha ha), the romantic front! That is why people say 'Love is blind!!' Get it! You can only fall in love, without expecting perfection from the other party. And of course vise-versa. Or it is a no-go. Period! 'Love is blind' is the concept that I'm rambling on this morning, that has kinship to the ''Forget the bad the ugly.' Focus on 'the good''...Similar to the concept of understanding that life is about 'the good the bad the ugly'.

There can never be peace on this earth, till every single person understands this concept. There will be fights, even, between lovers, there will be cold wars within the families, there will be civil wars within countries and there will be ugly-violent global wars, without this understanding. To not understand this, makes us cry for perfection, makes us insist for perfection. This is futile! This will never be. A complete waste of time indeed!

It is when we embrace these concepts, (similar but coined diferently), that 'life is not perfect', that 'Love is blind', that we should ''Forget the bad the ugly! Focus on 'the good'', that life is made of three, 'the good the bad the ugly', and come to terms with these...then...Voila! life starts to be perfect!

Isn't it strange? Isn't it such a contradiction?...

That life can be PERFECT when we accept that life is IMPERFECT??

(Must pass on this message to warring parties!!) Food for thought....


profile.myspace.com

No comments: